Senior Manager, People Operations
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Newlab applies transformative technology to things that matter. We are home to over 800 entrepreneurs, engineers, and inventors, solving the world’s biggest challenges with leaders and experts across industries and cities. We support a range of frontier technologies, including robotics, A.I., computer vision, connected systems, and materials science.
SENIOR PEOPLE MANAGER
Newlab seeks a Senior Manager, People Operations to join the People team. Reporting to the VP of People, this role will be cross functional supporting recruitment process, onboarding, and talent management. This role is very flexible and will be a great opportunity for anyone looking to be a future department leader. You’ll have strategic exposure to process and tech stack as well as ownership over whole projects, and people metrics. If you love organizational psychology, if you love people, if you think it’s important for culture to bring people together so they love their job, and you’re looking to be part of a small team making a big impact, this is the place for you. Ideally, you’re someone who is a go getter and a doer with the ability to see the big picture while enjoying the day to day work that has to be done.
- Process – Map, document and train Newlab’s HR related processes throughout the employee life cycle.
- Total Rewards – Run Benefits Renewals, Compensation Benchmarking and own the data surrounding those decisions.
- Talent Acquisition – Prioritize moving candidates through our recruitment process and supporting hiring managers in their interview process. Work with VP to design and host interviewing training for the team.
- HRIS Management – Responsible for data accuracy in the HRIS system including i9 management
- Risk Management – Act as in house expert on HR related risk, have strong knowledge of applicable labor laws across federal, state and local levels. Actively stay up to date on changes to compliance and regulatory environment.
- Vendor Management – Act as main point of contact for HR vendors.
- Project Management – Run projects for the HR team including rolling out of new processes, tools and systems.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have at least 5 years of working experience in a corporate environment
- Past experience owning two full areas of People operations (recruiting and onboarding for example, or performance and compensation, benefits)
- Strong interest in learning and self development,
- Extremely tech competent with working knowledge of HR tech stacks (ATS, HRIS, Perf. Management, etc)
- Positive mental attitude and able to work well in ambiguity
- Competitive salary (100-130k)
- Equity in Newlab
- Employer sponsored Health & dental
- Full access to a range of group insurance plans from vision, accident, hospital indemnity, LTD and STD etc.
- Generous paid time off
- Generous Parental Leave
- Professional development stipend
We at Newlab are committed to providing equal opportunity and embracing diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer that strives to go beyond the bare minimum of buzz words to actually make decisions based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs, while championing diversity and inclusivity. This begins with hiring. We’re committed to expanding our reach to as diverse a candidate pool as possible. Part of holding ourselves accountable is collecting information to measure those efforts. We ask that you please support us in this regard by completing our EEOC survey. There is no obligation to complete this survey, but doing so would help us uphold our values, and would be greatly appreciated. All of the responses are anonymized; the only information we receive is a summary of candidate responses.