Prospect Mining Studio Summit 2021
Reimagining mining to be more sustainable.
The global energy transition hinges on a mining industry that is actively deploying disruptive innovation to abate its own carbon footprint. According to the IEA, to hit net-zero globally by 2050, clean energy technologies would require six times more mineral inputs in 2040 than today. Innovation plays a critical role in realizing the future of sustainable mining – a tool to identify and recover diversified natural resources, to improve the efficiency of its processes, and to meet increasing social and environmental goals.
In an effort to solve these challenges, the Prospect Mining Studio exists to provide stakeholders across the mining value chain a platform that enables open innovation, agile experimentation, and co-creation with forward-thinking partners. Our partners recognize we must collaborate with an outside-in perspective, bring innovation from adjacent industries, and attract private capital to actualize sustainable futures in mining.
Join us on Tuesday, December 7th for presentations and moderated discussions with mining companies and startups who will discuss their perspectives on future scenarios impacting their business, what’s influencing them to become sustainability evangelists, and how they engage with entrepreneurial ecosystems for technology development. The event will be an opportunity for interested stakeholders to identify ways of collaborating on pressing challenges within the mining industry.
- Roby Stancel — Advisor, Prospect Mining Studio
Speakers | Mining Companies:
- Grant Caffery — Vice President Innovation, BHP Billiton
- Sundar Singh — Chief Technology Officer, Vimson Group
- Esther Bahne — Chief Strategy & Marketing Officer, Rock Tech
- Masateru Sugihara (Sugi) — SVP & General Manager of Metals & Minerals, ITOCHU
Speakers | Startups:
- Marny Reakes — Vice President of Bio-mining, Cemvita Factory
- Tim Snell — Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Pitcrew AI
- Rachel Taylor — Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer, SBQuantum
For a list of the current Prospect Mining Studio cohort companies, please click here.