Location: Brooklyn, NY/Flexible
Newlab advances technologies that support the health of our planet.
We act as a facilitator, connector, and translator for our community of experts and innovators, helping to build, test, and scale world-changing ideas through investment, venture building, and structured collaboration with industry and government partners.
Recently named Fast Company’s Design Company of the Year, Newlab opened in the Brooklyn Navy Yard in 2016, transforming what was once a naval machine shop into an 84,000 square foot center for applied innovation. Today, Newlab is home to over 200 companies, more than 900 entrepreneurs, and domain experts – all working together to apply transformative technologies to the world’s most pressing challenges. To date, Newlab has helped its member companies raise over $450M in capital, with over $400M of successful exits, and a collective valuation of over $2.8B. This fall, Newlab will open its second flagship location as part of Ford’s $1B mobility innovation district in the Corktown neighborhood of Detroit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Brand team is seeking a curious, kind, and tenacious Senior Producer to lead project management as we grow our creative capabilities in service of Newlab’s mission. You will work closely with teams across the organization to manage the production process from initial creative request through delivery and create the conditions for people and projects to succeed.
This is a full-time position based out of Newlab’s Brooklyn headquarters. While proximity to New York is preferred, we are a hybrid team and offer flexible remote-working accommodations.
- Define processes and workflows that support creativity and keep projects on track
- Translate complexity into clarity and focus
- Collaborate with the Brand team to write crisp and evocative creative briefs for new projects
- Establish open and consistent communication to keep stakeholders informed and aligned
- Continually monitor team resources and bandwidth
- Coordinate and lead meetings
- An experienced team leader who gets shit done
- Intentional, meticulous, humble, hopeful
- Skilled in all aspects of project management and production, including scoping, budgeting, time and resource management, and communications
- Passionate about the real-world application of emerging science and technology
- Media- and design-savvy
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Newlab equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Professional development stipend
- Unique opportunity to meet amazing entrepreneurs working to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges